• Latest News

    Monday 1 June 2015

    Peach Roses with Nutella and Hazelnuts

    Beautiful rose-shaped baked dessert made with thin slices of sweet juicy ripe peaches 
    wrapped in crispy pastry,  filled with creamy Nutella and crunchy crushed hazelnuts
    Sinfully delicious!

    Remember my rose-shaped apple dessert?  I know you do! It has been posted, shared and viewed in so many places that you think I'd be sick by now just thinking about it. But no, think again :)
    I love this recipe. And what's brilliant about it: it opens up so many possibilities and combinations of ingredients, both sweet and savory, that it makes you want to experiment with something new and different. Why limit yourself to apple slice and apricot preserve, anyways?!

    So, how about a filling of creamy and sweet chocolate spread?!?  You know I love Nutella! Yes, I really do. So I thought about incorporating it in my roses, combined with crushed hazelnut (of course!) for a crunchy and nutty addition to the heavenly chocolate filling.
    And for the top: peaches. I found these delicious peaches at the store yesterday. They look amazing and taste even better! Ripe to the right point, and super sweet.
    Rather than using the frozen puff pastry, as I did for the apple roses, I tried the Pillsbury crescent dough. Many of you asked me about it. You find it in the refrigerated section, with cookies, pizza dough and other similar things. I never buy these things ...not sure why. I rather make everything from scratch. But given that this recipe is supposed to be easy and quick, this is the place to look. And I bought the "big and flaky" dough. For thick dough and extra crispiness ... I think!
    This dough bakes more quickly than the frozen dough. So watch out for the cooking time. Before removing from the oven, make sure it's fully cooked.
     Beautiful, delicious, and easy to make. Am I going rose crazy?!? Yeah, I think I am :)


    Ingredients to make 8 roses

    • 1 roll of Pillsbury "Grands" Crescent Big & Flaky
    • 2 or 3 ripe, organic peaches, based on the size
    • 8 teaspoons of Nutella (or other chocolate spread)
    • 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts (2.5 oz,70 gr)

    Preparation time: 20 minutes plus 25 minutes baking
    Directions:
    1. Preheat the oven to  350? F (175? C). Cut the peaches in half, remove the pit, and slice as thin as you can.

    2. Open the Pillsbury roll. This is divided into triangles. Keep each pair of triangles together. We want to make two long strips out of each pair.

    3. On a slightly flour counter, stretch out the dough to make a long rectangle, about 4 inches by 10 inches  (10 cm x 25 cm). Cut in half lengthwise. So that in total you will have 8 strips 2 x 10 in.


    4. Spread about one teaspoon of Nutella on  each strip, and sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts.

    5. Place the peach slices along one edge, as shown.

    6. Fold the dough in half, and roll.

    7. Place the roses into a silicone muffin. Remember to grease the muffin cups if you are not using silicone.

    8. Bake at 350? F (175? C) for about 25 minutes. If the top of the peaches are getting burnt, cover with aluminum foil, and place the pan at the bottom of the oven. Make sure the roses are fully baked before removing from the oven. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.

    This dessert is better served immediately, but can also be stored for up to 48 hours in an air tight container. Delicious when served warm ... maybe with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream :)
    Enjoy! 










    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Peach Roses with Nutella and Hazelnuts Rating: 5 Reviewed By: raj
    Scroll to Top