• Latest News

    Friday 5 June 2015

    Paper Flower (Step By Step)


    About this project 

    Time
    TIME:0H25
    Difficulty
    Nice 'n' Simple

    Paper flower made from an old book
    I made this paper flower from a few pages of an old book, a little glass bead and a piece of brass wire.
    I think it turned out pretty nicely :)
    I'm not a native speaker so I guess there will be a few mistakes in the text and grammar but I try my best and any correction is much appreciated.
    If there are any questions just ask in the comment section below.

    You Will Need




    ? I used a brass wire with 1mm diameter and glass beads with 5mm diameter.
    ? The flower is about 4 inches but you can scale the petals-template in the print setting of your PDF-reader to make it a different size.



    ? Put the bead on the wire and twist it with the pliers for two or three times.
    ? The twisted part will be covered with the petals when you're done and it will also hold the petals in place.



    ? Cut out the petals. You will need 6 pieces of each petal shape.
    ? I folded 2 pages twice like an accordion, put the template on top and cut it out. It is much easier than tracing/cutting each petal seperately.




    ? Make 2 holes with a needle...



    ...and put the flower petals on the wire starting with the little ones.
    ? Be careful with pushing the petal over the twist in the wire to make sure your paper doesn't crack more than necessary. 
    I guess this sounds a little weired because I can't explain it properly in English but I hope you will know what I mean when you're at this step in this how-to.


    ? I bend the petals of the forth row down and the last row up again.




    ? If you use the flower just for decoration you probably won't need the glue. 
    But in case the petals won't bear up you can glue a little bead with an inside diameter that fits your wire right underneath the last petal.



    You're done, enjoy! :)

    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Paper Flower (Step By Step) Rating: 5 Reviewed By: raj
    Scroll to Top